15 February, 2013

Airplane food - Qatar airways

We had already eaten at the airport, because we didn't know when or if we were supposed to get any food on this first flight to Doha. And Another reason was that I've read so much about coeliacs who got the wrong food on the plane, or that there was something wrong with the order, and to end up without anything to eat for 5 hours is not my idea of fun...
Never mind, we started and just a few minutes after take of the flight attendants walked around handing out refreshing towels, and after that they came with drinks for us before they started giving us food. My tray was clearly marked with my name, chair number and allergy information. Though you have to be alert so they don't give you one of the "glutenated" bread rolls!
My tray was marked with a sticker saying it was gluten free. 

The dish it self was also clearly marked with my name and seat number and dietary needs
This is what the food looked like.

The food was okay, the chicken a little dry, but pretty much what you can expect when it comes to airplane food... I got fruit for dessert, and the others got carrot cake, which was a bummer because a gluten free carrot cake would have been nice, but hey I'm not going to complain about that.

After we had eaten the staff were walking around offering us a variety of drinks for the rest of the flight. I tried to get some sleep, but I was too excited about my backpacking trip, so I watched a couple of films instead.

All in all, it was a very pleasant flight with Qatar airways to Doha.


Love Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment