29 July, 2012

Back in Berlin

After a couple of terrific days spent with Pauline I headed back to Berlin to see another friend Annegret, who is living and working in Berlin. We did some more sightseeing (there's so much to see!) and were just browsing around.

We went to a Thai take away restaurant and had dinner - I love Asian food and they are always so good at making gluten free alternatives! After that we wanted to go see a movie (in English) so we went to the biggest cinema in Berlin. Unfortunately the cinema was closed to the public because of a big premiere of "Männer Herzen", and all we got to see that evening was a big bunch of German movie stars on the red carpet - bummer.

My Berlin stay was ended in the best of ways, at a cafe - Eis voh! This is an ice cream cafe, but for all you gluten free people out there (and the rest of you as well of course) this place is not to be missed if you're in Berlin! I went there in hope of having maybe one or two gluten free cakes to choose from, Never I said NEVER had I expected to find what I did - a gluten free HEAVEN with.... wait for it.... 12 (!!!!) different kinds of cake all gluten free and organic. The slices were big and the price very good. The owners, an older couple, were very sweet and spoke English very well and they told me a lot about their cafe and I got to write in their guest book and all :) I will definitely go back here next time I'm in Berlin!!!

Check out their website, it's all in German, but you don't need to know the language to read the pictures :P http://www.bioeis-berlin.de/index.html

  
(The pictures are borrowed from Eis Voh's website.)

EisVoh
Bundesallee118
12161 Berlin

It's not exactly in the city centre, but the underground station is only a block or so away, and I've said it before - GO THERE!

Love Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment